How to do it
- Go to Google Reader. (That link will open it in a new window so you can follow along.)
- If necessary, create an account using the link on the right hand side.
- Once you have an account, return to the Reader page and sign in.
- To add a blog/website to your list, click “Add Subscription” in the green bar on the left. You can enter a website address (like “www.adamabrams.com”) and Reader will (usually) automatically suss out the correct link for subscribing to that site’s blog “feed”. One tip: you can actually search for blogs by content, by typing search terms into this box!
- That’s it! The blog postings appear on the right-hand side and you can click any one of them to start reading.
- Note that the menu on the left indicates clearly which blogs have unread articles, and how many.
- Make sure you’re on the Home page of Reader by clicking “Home” at the top of the menu on the left hand side.
- Now make a bookmark of the page. I like to drag the icon in the address bar to the favourites area right at the top of the browser, for one-click acces to my blogs any time.