This holiday, an attempt to build a welcoming Christmas blaze in our new firepace led to a visit from three wise, flameproofed, men. It was three-alarm excitement!
We really, really thought the flue was open, but it turns out it wasn’t… so 1) our smoke alarm went off, then 2) our building’s fire alarm! Which of course meant a visit from the fire department.
But it all turned out OK, calm was restored, it was time for a much smaller, and safer, fire – a birthday candle on my Mom’s cake. (Yes, she’s a Christmas baby!)